Sunday, October 24, 2010

Book Fest

Yesterday at WNYBAC was Book Fest. This means the space is open with tables for demonstrations and different neat things. The tables included marbling paper, pop-up accordion books, stab sewn books, making buttons, and open studio in the print studio. There were a lot of people there. I started out drifting, then stayed behind the desk/register and finished packaging my fundraiser "thank you" gifts. Then I spent some time helping at the stab binding station. The books at that table were made from recycled materials (cereal boxes, envelopes, etc) and were drawing a lot of attention. I taught 4 people how to sew their book. It was great.
And when every body left... I got to marble some paper. My sheets came out a little crappy, but it was still neat to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment